Extra Trash Service (Every Four Weeks)
Effective January 4, 2016 Large Item Pickup (LIP) and Cart Overflow has been replaced with the NEW Extra Trash Service for all homes.
Denver Solid Waste Management collects extra trash bags and large items every four (4) weeks from your neighborhood. Please use the directions below and the calendar to ensure proper use of the program and to help keep your neighborhood clean.
- Check the calendar and map to find your scheduled Extra Trash service week.
- A maximum of 10 bags of trash and 5 large items (furniture, etc.) will be collected from each home per Extra Trash collection (every four weeks).
- Place your items out by 7 AM.
- Cart and Manual Customers: Place items out on your normal day of trash service during your scheduled Extra Trash service week.
- Dumpster Customers: Place items out on Monday of your scheduled Extra Trash service week.
- Make sure the items are visible and placed at least 2 feet away from your trash and recycling container, cars, poles and other obstructions.
- Only set out large items during your scheduled Extra Trash Service week. Setting items out on other times is considered illegal dumping.
source: Denver Public Works